SESSIONS & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Below are the standard virtual site visit sessions and learning objectives. Sessions can be tailored to your organization. Additional topic areas and opportunities are below.
INTEGRATED CARE TEAMS
- Describe different workflow models and their impact on care delivery
- Illustrate different integrated care team roles and their contributions
- Review health and performance indicators for integrated care teams
- Explore SCF’s population-based approach for overcoming barriers to behavioral health care
- Examine key elements of redesign changes in behavioral health services, such as: immediate access with behavioral health consultants, co-location of psychiatry in Primary Care, Learning Circles, and community case management
- Explore SCF’s focus on work design and how success is driven by hiring the right people
- Examine the SCF HR Department’s use of the relationship-based model
- Learn about the Nuka System of Care’s approach to performance management
- Connect SCF’s learning and development approach to its mission, vision and corporate initiatives
- Examine SCF’s learning and development philosophy
- Describe SCF’s learning and development structures, processes, and workforce support
- Examine SCF’s journey toward data management
- Review key steps necessary when thinking about building your own Data Services Department
- Explain the Data Information Request Tool and how it supports SCF’s work prioritization process
IMPROVEMENT PLANNING AND TOOLS
- Define improvement culture
- Describe the organizational structure of improvement as part of the Nuka System of Care
- Determine how accessing the voice of the customer helps the improvement cycle
FAMILY WELLNESS WARRIORS INITIATIVE (FWWI)
FWWI is SCF’s program that seeks to address the devastating problems of domestic violence, abuse, and neglect in the Alaska Native community.
- Recognize the purpose and goals of FWWI
- Survey the FWWI process of large group and small group sessions
- Discuss how these session types help participants connect with topics such as anger, recovery, responding disappointments, shame and relational styles
Tailor your virtual Nuka site visit! Our team will work with you to put together a schedule of sessions that will most benefit your organization. If sessions and opportunities are planned beyond the standard 16 hours, there may be additional costs which will be discussed with you as your site visit is planned.
Other organizations have added the following additional topic areas to their tailored site visit schedules:
- Strategic planning (including a Nuka Strategic Planning Software demonstration!)
- Functional committee structure
- Integrated care team optimization
- Traditional healing
- Community engagement
- Baldrige criteria for performance excellence
- Facility design
- Pain management
Interested in taking your virtual site visit to the next level? Consider adding one of the following options at an additional cost!
- Core Concepts communication tools and techniques
- 1-on-1 coaching session with one of SCF’s Gestalt Professional Certified Coaches
REASONS TO ATTEND
Health care is undergoing a dramatic change, with an emphasis on quality, population health outcomes and whole person care. Health care systems are having to rapidly rethink how services are delivered. Southcentral Foundation’s Nuka System of Care has been a model for other health care systems, providing not only inspiration for the future of health care, but also tools and best practices that have been proven over SCF’s 30 years.
Virtual site visits are a great opportunity if you are seeking proven solutions in a rapidly changing industry, want to see a vision for the future of health care, are interested in learning new professional and personal skills, or would like to network with SCF’s subject matter experts. With past attendees ranging from executive leadership and board members to administrative support and educators, everyone will find something of interest when they “join us” online!