Behavioral Health Integration:
Stepping Stones, Lessons Learned and Implementation
Behavioral health needs are presented in a majority of primary care visits. Seamlessly integrating behavioral health in primary care teams meets customer needs, reduces no-show rates and assists providers with complicated cases. In this session discover various models for integrating behavioral health and learn Southcentral Foundation’s steps for fully integrating behavioral health, including reorientation for primary care teams and new roles and processes.
- Southcentral Foundation Nuka System of Care overview and approach to behavioral health integration
- Lessons learned on the journey to full integration: steps, tools and pitfalls
More and more health systems are adapting team-based care as their health care delivery model. At Southcentral Foundation, we successfully deliver this model every day through our integrated care teams. Preparing primary care providers and behaviorists to work collaboratively requires new roles, steps and screening tools. In this session, speakers will demonstrate both the common scenarios encountered in clinics every day and the communication tools used to make behavioral health integration successful. Changes in roles and processes can be difficult; also in this session, learn best practices to facilitate change across your organization.
- Demonstration: primary care provider and behaviorist warm hand-off
- Behavioral health leadership structure and overview
- Tools to facilitate change across the organization while balancing the needs of patients (knows as customer-owners) and employees
- Compare the differences between traditional health care systems and integrated health care systems
- Outline the clinical and operational processes needed for successful integration of behavioral health into primary care
- Identify goals for behavioral health integration in the participants’ organizations/institutions and develop a plan for integration
- Connect and collaborate with co-participants in the webinar
- Communicate and connect with presenters and consultants for further application of the information in specific clinical settings and share these experiences with others
Purchasing the two-part series also includes the following resources:
- Presentation decks
- Sample job descriptions for behavioral health consultants and senior behavioral health consultants
- Link to a video tour of Southcentral Foundation’s Anchorage Native Primary Care Center
Already purchased the webinar?
Sign in below!