In the Nuka System of Care, each customer-owner has access to a fully integrated care team, including a provider, a case manager, a behavioral health consultant, a dietician and a clinical pharmacist. The team works together on a daily basis to ensure coordinated care and follow-up – allowing the physician to work at the top of his or her license while other members proactively identify and manage issues that can negatively impact health and drive up the cost of care.
On-Demand Integrated Care Webinar
Southcentral Foundation’s Nuka System of Care offered a webinar series on integrated care teams that is now available on demand.
Learn about our approach
- Same-day access to primary and behavioral health care
- Regular communication with customer-owners via phone, email or text
- The use of data tools to identify and manage high-risk individuals
- Intensive communication training to help each team member engage customer-owners in their care and develop long-term relationships
- Ongoing process improvement initiatives to reduce bottlenecks and improve the overall customer-owner experience
Discover the story of Southcentral Foundation’s healthcare system transformation, and the major elements of the Nuka System of Care: customer-ownership and relationship-based care. Learn how the Alaska Native community designed a system that has reduced costs and improved health outcomes for its customers.
Find out more
Contact a Nuka representative to discuss integrated care consulting and training options. Nuka curriculum on integrated care best practices can be tailored to the needs of your organization.